Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unquenchable Thirst Cured!

All I had to do was acquire a taste for ginger ale especially, and nestea: just like I was told I had to acquire a taste for beer at 12yo and did.  I tried cola for many years: that and water.  Twice I drank so much water I had to be hospitalized for hyponaetremic seizures and almost died: no beers those times.  I was on a strict water diet forever trying to stop drinking.  In the last 10 months, I discovered ginger ale and nestea, but first it was ginger ale.  A refill double gulp of soda at 7-11 is 1.06$.  I drink 3 or 4 of the ginger ale and/or nestea everyday.  There was nothing doctors/AA and/or church/prayer could do for my thirst (even with five meetings in one day at one point).  I quenched my thirst with beer for 25 years mixed with times when I drank only cola and/or water.  But, cola gives the runs and I would be just as sick on that as I was on the beer. Since Nov. 3, 2010, the first six months were spent going to AA every day.  At the beginning, I thought outside the box and let myself try ginger ale in a quest to slake my thirst.  "Outside the box" because ginger ale is not much to think about: "it doesn't do anything to you," I thought.  I tried it and how it happened I don't know, but I have acquired a taste for ginger ale and then I tried nestea, not without trying other soft drinks (not cola).  I have acquired a taste for ginger ale and nestea, neither of which cause physical, mental or spiritual malady as does alcohol/beer/cola/water in amounts I was drinking.  I no longer thirst for and I no longer crave beer due to acquiring a taste for ginger ale and nestea.  Thirsting for and craving ginger ale and a new life motto that "it is better to look like an asshole than to be one" will keep me sober, I think.  Drinking Canada dry: I can never be far away from a 7-11, but I don't go anywhere anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're chugging Ginger Ale than Miller High Life!!! Way to go Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete