Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Ban Stick-It-Over-Regulation" - 4 PARTS

PART 1:
As far as picking up after a dog with a plastic bag goes as opposed to leaving the doo where it drops, "plastic" is the key word and more of a scourge on the planet than leaving the doo.  It makes more sense to fix scores of 1950's plumbing that leaks raw sewage into ground water for $10,000 before picking up after dogs and fining $250 for violations.  Then, what about homeless people: do they have to pick up after themselves?  Here is one proof plastic, not doo, is the real scourge: http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2011/10/31/141879837/how-soda-caps-are-killing-birds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2:
Dear Representative:

Greetings!
My ticket for parking on maybe one blade of grass when park rangers park all four tires on the grass like today is an example of "'stick it' over regulation."

You have to be rich to live on water front. I am not rich. The East End is about the only place in Portland where I can snorkel and kayak with my dog. I swim all year because I love to swim.

I have to risk spraining an ankle going down to the back beach over rocks at the East End with my kayak, paddle and dog in tow because I can't use the public boat launch for the kayak, according to the park rangers.

Only if I am going out to a mooring do I get to use the public launch with my kayak while 12ft and under boats with motors use it free, according to park rangers.

Then, there's the four handicap spots. Too many. 2 or 3 spots at most. All those spots are hardly ever filled at one time except by people with no placard.

I saw two cars get 200$ tickets at one time in those spots just the other day and I see no placard in a lot of cars that park there. I've paid attention.

So, my peeve is the "stick it over regulation." I cannot imagine the public being averse to a person with a kayak using the public boat launch when 12ft and under boats with motors and trailers use it free;

just as I wouldn't dare park on another single blade of grass again, but park rangers (NOT an emergency vehicle) park on grass willy nilly and don't get a ticket.

Why else the "no parking on grass" sign other than it kills the grass? Nobody parks on the grass on purpose anyway, except the park rangers!

Maybe my ticket for parking on the grass was the city in my hay day stalking me and sticking it to me having been in ten to fifteen police paddy wagons, cruisers and ambulances over the years in Portland without a criminal record to date. (The ticket was a number of years ago).

And, I won't get into the "breathe easy" laws other than writing "ban kids instead: I have found used diapers buried at the beach."

Maybe I am just giving back some of my own. How bout that? Have fun in the hurricane! I am going windsurfing Sunday, maybe.
-JB

JB -- These seem like legitimate complaints and suggestions to me. I generally agree with you. Kayakers should not have a harder time launching than larger vessels. The city should from time to time survey how much the placarded parking spaces are actually used. Don't know about the parking on the grass but it would be nice if there was a reasonable alternative if possible. And I can't stand when officials, if its for no good reason, do the very things that other people are prohibited from doing. Good luck with this. JH
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 3:
"Facebook Share:"

The dog was named Parrot. 
This was taken moments before Parrot was murdered by the cop. The cop drove his knee into the middle of Parrot's back while stretching Parrot's forelegs behind him, as one would do with an armed criminal. Without waiting to determine whether this technique would calm Parrot, the cop grabbed Parrot, lifted him off the ground, and brought him to the top of the concrete staircase. 

He threw Parrot over the banister, down twelve steps, and onto the concrete floor. Then, the cop stood at the top of the stairs, drew his weapon, and executed Parrot. Aaron, the animal's owner, cannot recall the number of shots fired. Witnesses state that Parrot was not harming anybody and was simply frightened by the cop. At no time did Parrot try to bite the officer, all he did was start barking.

It doesn't matter if you are a part of an Occupy movement, PETA, Republican, Democrat, Independent Religious or not, if you are a part of the human race this should be a wake up call that something is very wrong with our society.

Isn't brutally killing animals something that most Serial Killers do right before they switch to killing humans?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 4:
The irony of the dog 'Parrot' share is not only the name of the dog, what happened and how 'we' came to share it, but to me: it has significance in what I have done to throw the cops off my tail from the old days in this town. The last violation I had three years ago now was for not wearing a seat belt. I paid the ticket and on the same day, I mailed a donation in the Portland Police Dept's name to the Animal Refuge League using a postal money order with "no dog seat belt" in the memo. Since, I have made one other multi pronged attack by mail to finish the job, which also included a postal money order for $44.44 with a 44¢ stamp in the Portland Police Dept's name to the ARL. I haven't been bugged since.  The other part of the attack is posted as "Ban Stick-It Over Regulation' addressed to representatives in local government with a response from a senator in my district.  'Parrot' is larger than life now and viral.

No comments:

Post a Comment